- St Anthony Basilica, not just a pilgrimage church but als an important artistic site with the works of art by Donatello, 14th century frescoes cycles and the cloisters where to meditate.
- The Scrovegni Chapel, Giotto’s masterpiece, and the nearby EremitaniChurch wth Mantegna’s frescoes
- The Bo Palace, main building of the second oldest university in Italy with its Anatomical Theatre, the Botanical Garden.
- Important frescoes cycles of the 14th century and later periods : St George Oratory, the Baptistry, Scoletta del Santo, Scoletta del Carmine, etc.
- Caffè Pedrocchi, symbol of the Paduan Risorgimento, the Palace of Justice, symbol of the Medieval civil power and the market squares
- Natural Park of the Euganean Hills
- The Brenta Riviera, along which some very beautiful Venetian Villas are to be seen
- The walled cities: Monselice, Este, Montagnana….
- Vicenza, included in the World Heritage List because of the many Venetian-gothic, Renassaince and Palladio’s palaces, not to forget the Olympic Theatre
- Bassano del Grappa on the Brenta river and its old wooden bridge
- Venice, a place of incomparable beauty and history.
Facilities for museums and monuments
To visit Padua and its monuments the town has issued some cards giving discounts on the entrance’s fees of various sites Padova card
It is a card offering a discount on the museums’ and monuments’ fee entrances, but also parking and transport facilities. It is valid 48 or 72 hours. You can check on www.padovacard.it PadovaMusei Carta Famiglia: it is a card for reduced entrance fees for a 2 adults and 2 children family, valid 15 days from the date of the first use of it. What you can see: Monumenti da visitare con la tessera Where to require it: Musei Civici Eremitani, piazza Eremitani, 8, Padova – phone 049-8204551
Cod. Ident. Regionale : M0280600213